UC Business Travel Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance provides coverage for a wide variety of accidents and incidents to official university business travelers when away from the campus or primary workplace. However, you must register for accident coverage for each university business trip you take beyond 100 miles of campus or residence (coverage is automatic when the trip is less than 100 miles). If you book travel with Connexxus travel agencies, registration is automatically included with the exception of Swabiz (the Connexxus tool for booking Southwest Airlines flights).
Who is Eligible?
Regents, faculty, staff, students, or an "official" volunteer (as demonstrated with a Human Resources appointment) on business travel are eligible for coverage. Coverage can be provided to a spouse/domestic partner, dependent(s), and traveling companions when traveling with them.
How to Register
Coverage is automatic if you book travel with Connexxus, UC's business travel booking program. If you book through another source, then you must register for insurance by doing the following:
- Complete the online UC Business Travel form.
- Click Save Changes, which sends the registration information to the UC insurance program.
- Print the form for your reference during your trip. The completed form will:
- Verify eligibility
- Provide confirmation of coverage
- Provide emergency information and travel tips