Below are some frequently asked questions. Click any question to expand the answer.
Double check to make sure all required information has been entered into the document. If required information is missing the document will give an error when the submit button is selected.
A TEM profile is required for anyone who processes TEM documents. This error lets you know that you need to set up your TEM profile.
If your own information populates in the Traveler Section, this means that you are not an arranger for anyone. You have the ability to pay a vendor or a one-time payee, but cannot pay an employee.
- Selecting the TEM Profile Lookup takes you to a lookup screen that only shows employees that you have access to as an arranger, and that have a current TEM Profile. You can see all employees that you are an arranger for and that have a Profile by selecting the ‘search’ button at the bottom of the lookup scree
- Do not click on the magnifying glass icon next to the Principal Name field, unless you want to look up someone’s UCInetID (since this is a separate lookup screen). Selecting the Principal Name lookup will take you to the Person lookup (which shows all employee names/information), and populates the UCInetID field in the TEM Profile Lookup. However, if the traveler/payee does not have a profile or you are not an arranger them, you will not be able to populate your TEM document with their information.
- Check to see if the previous reimbursement you performed was actually using a TEM document, and was reimbursing them as an ‘employee’ and not a one-time-payee.
- There may been a change in an employee’s Primary Department Code. This happens sometimes when an employee has a split appointment or any sort of funding update done in Payroll. If this is the case, the employee’s Department Security Administrator can contact OIT (email@example.com) and request that the employee’s Primary Department Code have an Override done. (They should include the employee’s name, UCInetID, and new primary department code in the email)
- There may be a change in the employee’s payroll status.
- If an employee’s appointment status is inactive, they won’t be able to create a TEM Profile.
- If the employee’s appointment had ended, their TEM profile may have been inactivated. The department payroll coordinator should be consulted to ensure their appointment is active/current. Arrangers can use the TEM Profile Report to search for inactive TEM Profiles.
The “Summary by Object Code” tab lists the acceptable KFS Object Codes to be used for this reimbursement. These object codes were determined by the expense types identified in the Actual Expenses tab. No other Object Codes may be used on this eDoc, and users will get a warning/error if they try to input a different object code in the “Accounting Lines” tab.
Once an expense is added, a new blank line appears. Users can further break down receipts, if desired, underneath the Expense Type/Date.
Enter the expense date, expense type, and the total amount of all three receipts. Them select the add button.
Select the "show" button under the notes field.
Enter the amount of the first receipt, then select the "add" button.
Once the first line is added a new line will appear above it with the balance of the total amount. Change the amount to the amount of the second receipt.
Add the third expense and select the "add" button
Before a Corporate Travel Card application is completed, a Defualt Account must be entered into the user's TEM Profile.
To add a Default Account to your TEM Profile, edit your Profile.
Add a Description.
Enter a Default Account Number.
Select the Submit button.
- A document will become delinquent if it is submitted 45 days after the trip end date. This will require a justification as to why the receipts are being submitted late.
- When a document reaches 120 days after the trip end date the initiator is unable to submit. Accounting must be contacted in order to release the document from delinquency. Please make sure your document is complete and justification is provided in the document as to whythe reimbursement is late.
- Any document submitted 6 months after the trip end date will require exceptional approval along with a justification.
- Checking the route log of the eDoc will let you know who's action list the Travel Reimbursement is in and who needs to approve it.
- Make sure the supporting documents have been added to the Image Scanning Tab. If the Pending Action Requests tab of the Route Log shows "Kuali Financial System Us, Kuali Financial System Us" , this means that there are no supporting documents in the Image Scanning Tab.