The Entertainment Reimbursement (ENT) eDoc is a Kuali Financial System document that allows users to reimburse expenses for employees or vendors for various events. Examples include:
- Business Meetings
- Entertainment & Prospective Donors
- Employee Morale Building
- Programmatic Activities
- On-the-Job Meals
- Gift/Award (only when purchased with a Corporate Card)
For more information including policy, meal expense maximums, and exceptional approval information, please see Travel Accounting's Entertainment and Meetings page.
Types of Payees
The Entertainment Document can pay one of three types of payees:
|Only Employees with active appointments in UCPath can access KFS and TEM. This includes Contingent Workers and Students who are active Employees. Students who do not have an active appointment in UCPath cannot access KFS. Every employee must set up a TEM Profile in order to get reimbursed. See the TEM Profile Guide.|
|Anyone who is not an employee and not a student would need to be onboarded as a Vendor into UCI's Vendor Onboarding System: PaymentWorks.|
One-Time Payee or Student
|Anyone who is not an employee or a vendor can be paid as a one-time payee.
This includes: faculty who are traveling and do not have access to approve electronically, faculty that are not active employees, and employees who are disabled and cannot approve electronically. Students who are not employees also qualify as a One-Time Payee or Student.
Creating Multiple ENT eDocs for the Same Event
The TEM Doc Number can be used to tie two or more reimbursements for the same event together. Once an ENT is final a new ENT can be created with the same TEM Doc Number.
Please see our Using the ENT page for instructions.
Importing Corporate Card Charges
If an Employee has used their Corporate Card for expenses, Arrangers can look up their expenses and import them onto the ENT eDoc.
Please see our TEM Imported Card Charges page for instructions.
Users Involved in ENT Reimbursement
- Official Host (Not included in Electronic Workflow)
- Fiscal Officer
- Accounting Reviewer (Optional)
- Travel Accounting
All employees who are in the route log of the ENT may receive email notifications when the ENT eDoc routes to their action list. Please see our workflow and Ad-hoc routing page for workflow details.
- One Chart Code: For each ENT eDoc, only one Chart Code (IR-Irvine or MC-Medical Center) can be used. The Chart Code is defined in the Entertainment Overview tab, and only Accounts under that Chart Code can be used in the document. For example, if the Chart Code IR is in the Entertainment Information section, only KFS Accounts under Chart Code IR can be used in the Accounting Lines.
- Object Codes: After expenses have been entered and the eDoc has been saved, the Summary by Object Code tab will automatically populate with the object code(s) that should be used in the accounting lines. Object codes are populated based on the expense type(s) that are entered into the eDoc. Using an object code that is NOT displayed in the Summary by Object Code tab are not allowed in the Accounting Lines.
- Scanning Supporting Documentation: The Image Scanning tab in the ENT eDoc includes three options for handling supporting documents. You can use one or any combination of these options:
- Option one: Send the coversheet and supporting documentation to Central Scanning
- Option two: Link to scanned information on another document
- Option three: Upload supporting documentation from your computer
Please see Accounting's Reference Guide to Required Supporting Documents page for more details.
Travel Accounting's Additional and Exceptional Approvals for Travel, Meetings, and Entertainment page has detailed information regarding exceptional approvals.