What is a Disbursement Voucher (DV)?
The Disbursement Voucher (DV) is an open-source electronic document that allows users to reimburse employees and students, and creates disbursements to vendors for select payment reasons. The DV can be saved, submitted/approved, disapproved, or returned to the initiator during the electronic routing process.
- Comply to Federal, State, UC and Campus policies
- Disbursement explanations & justifications
- Original scanned, supporting documentation uploaded to the Image Scanning tab
- Multiple approvals within departments/units
- Exceptional approval (if applicable). All exceptional approval must be routed electronically.
- Users are responsible for ensuring an eDoc meets all policies & guidelines before approving it
Links to UCOP Policy manuals (BUS-49, G-43, etc) are posted on the Accounts Payable website
When a DV should not be used
Examples of when it is not appropriate to use a Disbursement Voucher:
- Any travel-related expenses. A Travel Reimbursement eDoc should be created.
- Any meetings, event, or entertainment expenses. An Entertainment Reimbursement or a Travel Reimbursement eDoc should be created for these expenses.
- Any moving or relocation expenses. A Moving and Relocation Reimbursement eDoc should be created.
- Any Services or Contracts. A purchase order should be created for services or contracts. Please contact Procurement with any questions. 949-824-6516 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most supplies and materials purchase except for emergencies (always follow purchasing policy)
- Anonymous Human Subject Payments, unless reimbursing the PI or researcher. Options to pay Anonymous Participants is listed in policy 701-03, section D.