Sent to the AFS-Update mailing list on June 9, 2022
Fiscal Year-End Deadline for TA Cash Advances, TEM, DV
Be prepared, fiscal year end is coming up very soon! The deadlines for some of the most common KFS documents are coming up next week.
- The deadline to clear Travel Authorizations (TAs) with cash advances is 4 p.m. on Friday, June 17.
- Travel and Event Management (TEM) documents and Disbursement Vouchers (DV) with required supporting documents in Scanned Images and appropriate approvers in the Route Log must be in Travel Accounting’s Action List by 4 p.m. on Friday, June 17, to ensure these transactions will be recorded as 2021-22 expenses.
Check out the Accounting Office website for more fiscal year-end close deadlines and information.
Which DV Payment Reason Code Do I Use?
Not sure what code to use for your DV? Visit the Disbursement Voucher Payment Reason Codes page for a full listing of payment reason names, codes, and descriptions of payment categories for Disbursement Vouchers. Don’t forget to include the proof of payment, copy of the credit card statement, or copy of the cancelled check (front and back) to ensure timely reimbursement.
Questions About Policies, DVs, Corporate Credit Cards, or CTS Cards?
Contact Travel Accounting by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more useful information at https://www.accounting.uci.edu/travel/.
Accounts Payable Reminders: Fiscal Year End is Near!
During fiscal year-end close, we get many inquiries about whether an invoice has been processed. You can check the status of your invoice by doing the following:
- Click the magnifying glass to go to Document Search
- Enter the Document Type: PO and click search to update the fields
- Enter the purchase order number and click search
- Click on the Document ID
- Scroll down to View Payment History and expand the tab.
- Find the invoice you are looking for from the list and click Disbursement Info to pull up the check/ACH information.
Send all invoices/payment inquiries to: email@example.com.
Fiscal year-end close is quickly approaching. Keeping in mind the following information will help get your invoices processed as quickly as possible.
- All invoices (except for Facilities Management, Design & Construction) are processed and approved according to the workflow built into KFS – you do not need to send an email approval. Invoices that are $10K and above automatically route to the fiscal officer for review and approval prior to being paid.
- Sub-award Purchase Order’s (PO) must have two lines:
- Line 1 - for $25,000, which is UCI’s federal negotiated rate.
- Line 2 - for the remaining amount.
- Invoices for product or services provided prior to June 30, 2022, must have a valid purchase order. The purchase order must be:
- Have available funds (enough funds to pay all open invoices through June 30, 2022).
- Amended and FINAL prior to June 1, 2022, for High Value/High Risk, Contract or Recurring Payment PO’s.
Vendor Onboarding: Don’t Delay Onboarding Payees
Payees must be onboarded through PaymentWorks to be paid on a Purchase Order (PO), Disbursement Voucher (DV) or TEM (Travel, Entertainment, Move/Relocation) document. Please submit onboarding requests now to avoid delays of payments or risk missing fiscal year-end close deadlines.
Important Note: Please notify Accounts Payable once your PO has been approved and finalized so we can process your invoices prior to June 30.
Need Help? Send all invoices and payment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounts Payable is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our team is in the office on Wednesdays at 120 Theory, Suite 200, in the UCI Research Park.