Sent to All Campus Employees on March 26, 2020
A Message from UCI Payment Services
With campus access limited to essential individuals only, UCI Payment Services has temporarily modified its service offerings and procedures for payment card solutions, cashiering, and handling of deposits. Campus departments should review the information below and adjust any internal processes as needed.
Payment Card Solutions
- All TouchNet Marketplace & Aventri inquiries can be emailed to Lindsay Carroll at email@example.com or Nick Troup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All inquiries regarding the use of Third-Party Payment Systems, new merchant setups, PCI-related questions or concerns should be emailed to email@example.com.
- The Campus Terminal Rental Program is suspended until further notice.
- Central Cashiers are primarily on a remote schedule.
- All in-person service windows in Aldrich Hall are closed.
- UCI departments should not accept cash at this time.
- Central Cashiers will process checks and deposits picked-up from the North Campus Mail Processing Center on Thursdays.
- Sub-cashier deposits will be accepted only by appointment on Thursdays. Please contact Payment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COD System Deposits - New Processing Procedures
With most campus departments now working remotely, there is still a need to ensure deposits are delivered safely to UCI Payment Services. UCI departments receiving checks that need to be deposited should institute the cash handling procedures below for the duration of the current public health emergency.
Be Aware of Limited Campus Mail Service
Campus business offices should keep in mind that Distribution Services is running limited service during the next several weeks. No mail is being picked up or delivered to campus departments. Drop boxes and mailboxes across campus have been emptied and signage has been placed informing customers not to use them at this time. The drop slot outside the main entrance to Aldrich Hall, second floor is available, but it is a very small slot. If you have a large deposit, please send it via campus mail by dropping it off at the North Campus Mail Processing Center.
To Ensure Monies are Secure and Deposited Weekly:
UCI department staff planning to make check deposits should do the following:
- Staff with a valid UCI ID may retrieve their incoming mail from the North Campus Mail Processing Center 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Prepare checks for deposit through COD. Only staff with COD approved KSAMS access can complete this step.
- Departments may drop off their outgoing mail at the North Campus Mail Processing Center from 7:00 am – 9:00 am for same day service. Outgoing mail delivered from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm will be processed the following business day.
Questions? Please contact Payment Services at email@example.com.