Sent to the KFS-Update mailing list on Aug. 1, 2018
July final transactions should be available for viewing in Decision Support on Wednesday, Aug. 8. If any YEDA, AV, or YEAV e-documents impacted your department ledgers in June as part of fiscal year-end close, you will see the reversals of those accruals and deferrals in your July (Fiscal Period 01) ledger. The Account Summary Report will include balances that combine all carryforward and July activity.
Carryforwards and Base Budget
In the Kuali Financial System, Carryforward balances and Base Budget are contained in either Fiscal Period BB (Beginning Balances) or CB (Contracts and Grants Beginning Balances). These transactions are not included in the July account transaction ledgers. Starting on Monday, Aug. 6, we anticipate the following transactions will be found in Fiscal Periods BB or CB:
- New Base Budget and Current Budget balances will be established in Fiscal Period BB.
- Balance sheet object code beginning balances are included in Fiscal Period BB.
- Unexpended budget carryforwards from the previous fiscal year are included in Fiscal Period BB.
- Inception-to-date fund balance carryforwards are included in Fiscal Period CB.
The PI Report will also be updated to include this data on the morning of Aug. 8. You can view the CB and BB Fiscal Periods in the Account Transaction & Summary ledgers if you would like to see carryforward activity only.
Important! You should reconcile beginning balances as well as July ledgers, to ensure your June fiscal year-end closing activity yielded the expected results.
Gift Fund Changes
Effective with the start of the 2019 Fiscal Year, Gift Funds in KFS (PRxxxxx accounts) will be updated from inception-to-date (ITD) to fiscal year funds. Gift Fund Unexpended Budget Carry Forwards from the previous fiscal year will be included in Fiscal Period BB for Fiscal Year 2019.
Viewing Fiscal Year 2019 in Financial Reports
- Beginning on Friday, Aug. 3, Decision Support criteria selection will default to fiscal year 2019. If you want to look at 2018 transactions, you will need to manually select 2018.
- DWQuery now has Fiscal Year 2019 available. We recommend to clear your cache/cookies if you experience any issues with this update.
KFS Account and Sub Account functionality will be restored on ZotPortal on Monday, Aug. 6.