Sent to the KFS-Update mailing list on Jan. 4, 2018.
Accounting & Fiscal Services and the Office of Information Technology are pleased to announce DWQuery, a new tool for creating customizable ad-hoc reports. DWQuery is an evolution of the existing BLISS and Data Warehouse Queries, so it will feel familiar to campus financial users while providing many new features and improved usability.
With DWQuery, users can extract and analyze general ledger financial and budgetary transactions. Queries can be tailored to meet individual needs, including the option to search for unique transactions within the details of the General Ledger. The results can then be easily exported to Excel. DWQuery is also faster and more responsive than existing tools and is updated at the end of every business day.
DWQuery represents a significant upgrade to the existing BLISS tool. Listed below are some of the enhancements and new features:
- Search and explore functionality for analyzing result grid data
- Multiple Fiscal Year queries
- Streamlined query criteria selection to quickly build and create queries
- Significant performance improvements that allow for downloading a large datasets
- Easier query management options: Edit, rename, delete and share user queries
- Enhanced user interface
- Expanded responsive design
Access and Support
DWQuery is available now. Navigate to dwquery.oit.uci.edu or select the “DWQuery” link from the Decision Support portlet in the KFS/Finance tab on ZotPortal to try it out. For more information on how to use this tool, see the DWQuery User Guide.