You should contact the Purchasing Department at least six weeks prior to the desired move date so that your new employee receives the best possible service. Contact Diane Silver, Purchasing, at 949-824-7018 or firstname.lastname@example.org before arranging any relocations.
How to Coordinate with Purchasing
Step 1: Verify the hire and eligibility
Verify with your supervisor or department head that the appropriate approvals to hire are in place and the employee has been offered assistance with moving expenses.
Step 2: Create a purchase order requisition
Create an appropriately authorized purchase order requisition, including name, current address, and telephone number(s) of the employee, and account, fund, sub code to be charged.
Step 3: Collect associated documents
You will need the following documents:
- A completed move questionnaire
- A memo showing the University's percentage of costs on both household goods and on library and laboratory equipment, if applicable.
- An appropriately authorized request for exception to policy, if applicable.
Step 4: Complete the move requisition
Forward complete package to Purchasing, who will then manage all phases of the move, such as:
- send the employee a letter of introduction and information
- contract with the moving company
- initiate moving arrangements
- arrange for adequate insurance coverage
- process the necessary authorizing order
- assist with loss or damage claims