Employees may want to review or change their tax withholding status if family circumstances have changed. Circumstances where you would want to review your withholding status include:
- Birth or Adoption,
- A child no longer qualifies as a dependent
If you are unsure about how many withholding allowances you can claim or if you have related questions, you may want to review IRS Publication 919, "How Do I adjust My Withholding?" You can obtain a copy of the publication at the Internal Revenue Service website.
Please see the following websites or resources to change your federal or state filing status or withholding allowances:
- Campus employees, please visit the At Your Service website or see your departmental payroll / benefits representative.
- Employees who live outside California - Please log on to At Your Service website and change your tax withholdings.
- Medical Center employees should contact UCIMC Human Resources for assistance.
- Non-resident aliens - Please log in to the GLACIER system and change your tax withholdings.