Introduction-What is a DV
The Disbursement Voucher (DV) is an open-source electronic document that allows users to reimburse employees and students, and creates disbursements to vendors for select payment reasons.
The DV can be saved, submitted/approved, disapproved, or returned to the initiator during the electronic routing process.
- Comply to Federal, State, UC and Campus policies
- Disbursement explanations & justifications
- Original scanned, supporting documentation uploaded to the Image Scanning tab
- Multiple approvals within departments/units
- Exceptional approval (if applicable). All exceptional approval must be routed electronically.
- Users are responsible for ensuring an eDoc meets all policies & guidelines before approving it
Links to UCOP Policy manuals (BUS-49, G-43, etc) are posted on the Accounting website
When a DV should not be used
Examples of when it is not appropriate to use a Disbursement Voucher:
Any travel related expenses. A Travel Reimbursement eDoc should be created.
Any meetings, event, or entertainment expenses. An Entertainment Reimbursement or a Travel Reimbursement eDoc should be created for these expenses.
Any moving or relocation expenses. A Moving and Relocation Reimbursement eDoc should be created.
Any Services or Contracts. A purchase order should be created for services or contracts. Please contact Procurement with any questions. 949-824-6516 email@example.com
Most supplies and materials purchase except for emergencies (always follow purchasing policy)
Anonymous Human Subject Payments, unless reimbursing the PI or researcher. Options to pay Anonymous Participants is listed in policy 701-03, section D.