Below is an archive of announcements from the Accounting and Fiscal Services department. Information on how to sign up for these emails is to the right.
- 12/12 - FileNet System Down this Saturday
KFS users will be unable to upload or view scanned documents in the FileNet system from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. this Saturday, Dec. 16.
- 11/30 - Save the Date: Next KFS Open Forum is Jan. 9
Learn about forthcoming enhancements to the Kuali Financial System from a panel of Accounting Department experts.
- 11/29 - End of Calendar Year Deadlines and Information
Please take a moment to review the deadlines and dates listed here and see if any of them apply to your work.
- 11/28 - End of Year Deadline for Moving and Relocation (RELO) eDocs
The deadline to finalize all 2017 moving and relocation (RELO) reimbursements is Thursday, Nov. 30.
- 11/9 - Payroll Office News - Important Year-End Deadlines
Everyone in the Payroll Office and Accounting & Fiscal Services hopes your holidays are full of cheer and that 2018 will bring you joy and happiness! Please take a moment to review the payroll dates and deadlines below.
- 11/6 - Grants Management News: Building Connections
To help our faculty researchers get their bearings faster, the Office of Research recently held its first ever New Faculty Welcome Luncheon...
- 10/5 - Update to UC Travel Policy: New Reimbursement Limits for Meals and Lodging
The UC Office of the President recently announced that new limits for reimbursement of meals and lodging for business travelers will take effect on Oct. 15.
- 9/13 - It's Here! Launch of the Redesigned Connexxus
The UCOP Central Travel Office is pleased to announce the release of a freshly designed Connexxus travel portal.
- 9/1 - Solution for Payroll Issues with July Ledgers in EDL and KFS
Last month, a system error that caused the 7/3/2017 XX Payroll Cycle to be incorrectly duplicated into July reports. we now have a solution to this problem.
- 9/1 - Connexxus Launches Updated Design Next Week
The UCOP Central Travel Office has informed us that the Connexxus Portal will relaunch with a new design after the Labor Day holiday weekend.
- 8/8 - Issues with Ledgers in EDL and KFS
Due to a UCOP system error, transactions processed on the 7/3/2017 XX Payroll Cycle - the final payroll cycle for the 2016-17 fiscal year end - were incorrectly duplicated into July reports.
- 8/4 - New Form for Wire Transfer Payments & Upcoming Travel Workshops
The Accounts Payable Office has created a new form that must be completed for all wire transfer payments to foreign banks...
- 7/28 - July Fiscal Period Data and Beginning Balances
July final transactions should be available for viewing in Decision Support on Tuesday, Aug. 8.
- 7/20 - Grants Management News: Looking Toward the Fall and Beyond
Formed earlier this year, the Grants Management Workgroup is a partnership dedicated to making managing research grants easier.
- 7/13 - Period 12 of Fiscal Year 2016-17 Closes on Friday
Department financial managers should be reviewing ledgers and approving fiscal year-end Action List items before the deadline on July 14.
- 7/10 - BATs from the Weekend will Post to the General Ledger Tonight
The KFS Team is aware that Budget Appropriate Transactions (BAT) from this weekend did not post to the General Ledger today as expected.
- 7/7 - KFS Update for July 7, 2017
Stories include: The deadline to record activity in Period 12 is July 14; You can begin submitting accruals and deferrals on July 8; Editing and copying accounts is disabled until July 17.
- 6/30 - KFS Update for June 30, 2017
Stories include: Tips for Handling Default Accounting Period during Fiscal Close; a Quick Guide for UC Record Retention Policies; a Link to the Budgeting for Income Guide; and Information about Fiscal Year-End Snapshot Reports
- 6/26 - AB 1887: New States Added to Prohibited List
The list of states where travel restrictions apply now includes: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas.
- 6/19 - KFS Update for June 19, 2017
Stories include: TEM and DV Fiscal Close Deadline is June 23; Deadline to Submit Transfers to/from Reserves is July 14; New Origin Code for Mail Recharges.
- 6/6 - KFS Update for June 6, 2017
Stories include: AP Reminders, Closing Steps for Contracts and Grants, Account Creation Guidelines, PO Encumbrance Reconciliation Report
- 6/5 - Payroll Office News for June 2017
Stories include: Deadlines for requesting June final pay, fixing blocked transactions, accessing payroll reports on EDL, and deadlines for fiscal year-end close.
- 5/30 - Reminder: Fiscal Close Workshop for Auxiliary and Sales & Service Enterprises is Wednesday, May 31
This workshop will cover the same topics as the May 23 and 24 fiscal year-end workshops with additional topics that are unique to Auxiliary and Sales & Service Enterprises.
- 5/19 - 2016-17 Fiscal Year-End Close Information & Dates
The attached message includes important information and deadlines regarding UCI’s upcoming Fiscal Close for the year ending June 30, 2017.
- 5/12 - Preparing for Fiscal Year-End Close
With nearly three years of experience in KFS, we expect the closing process to be relatively routine for campus this year.
- 5/3 - Register Now for Fiscal Year-End Close Workshops
As in previous years, Accounting and Fiscal Services will offer fiscal year-end close workshops in May.
- 4/28 - UCI is Going Paperless for Payroll Direct Deposit
Beginning on May 1, UCI is going paperless for employees who are paid by direct deposit.
- 4/19 - Grants Management News || April 2017
We are pleased to announce a new multi-office effort to improve grants management at UCI.
- 4/6 - Request Access Now: New Role Required for Account Maintenance Starting May 1
All departments should act now to ensure all personnel have the correct level of access when this change takes effect.
- 4/6 - Next Monthly Travel Workshop is April 12
Travel Accounting is now offering monthly Travel/Entertainment workshops!
- 4/3 - New Feature: Directly Upload Images of Supporting Documents
KFS users can now upload receipts and other supporting documents directly to FileNet for several types of KFS e-documents.
- 4/3 - New Form Required for Relocation Reimbursements
Department reimbursement processors must now complete a Relocation Expense Form for all Moving and Relocation (RELO) reimbursement documents.
- 3/20 - Payroll Office News - March 2017
Update on Issue with January Payroll Data; Don’t Forget to Check for Blocked Transactions; Forms Updated on Payroll ZotPortal.
- 3/16 - Annual Administrative Systems Access Verification
DSAs, in coordination with the proper department authorizers, will be required to verify system access for every employee/system user and, if necessary, make any required changes.
- 3/9 - KFS Open Forum Slides
Click the link above to download a PDF of the slides from the recent KFS Open Forum.
- 3/8 - Update: January Payroll Data in Financial Reports
KFS, Decision Support, and PPS Data Warehouse now have the correct Amounts, Object Codes, and Consolidation Codes; however, all January transactions for employee leave usage are in Period 8 (February 2017).
- 2/21 - Register Now: PURAP Open Forum on March 1
A combined panel of Purchasing and Accounts Payable experts will discuss proper purchasing methods, services, and forthcoming enhancements to the Disbursement Voucher.
- 2/8 - Alert: Issue with January Payroll Data in Financial Reports
Because of a processing error in PPS, expenses associated with employee leave usage were posted to the wrong Sub Account in January.
- 2/7 - Save the Date: KFS Open Forum on March 7
Learn about the latest changes and enhancements to the Kuali Financial System from a panel of Accounting Department experts.
- 2/7 - Personnel Change in C&G Accounting
It is with warm wishes that the Accounting Department announces the retirement of Rebecca Tangen, manager, Contracts and Grants Accounting.
- 2/1 - Availability of IRS Form 1095
In the coming weeks, employees and retirees will receive IRS Form 1095 verifying their health coverage for 2016.
- 1/24 - Important Information about the Federal and California EITC
Employees may be eligible for the California Earned Income Tax Credit
- 1/23 - Use Student ID to Process a DV Reimbursement
You can now use a student's ID number to process a Disbursement Voucher (DV) for reimbursement.
- 1/19 - New Report for Principal Investigators: Review the Finances of Active Awards and Projects
With this new tool, PIs can quickly see the financial standing of all of their active awards and projects.
- 1/5 - New California Law Prohibits Using State Funds for Travel to Certain States
AB 1887 expressly identifies the University of California as an entity covered by the law, and campus departments must comply with this new rule effective Jan. 1, 2017.
- 12/12 - Chance to Win a $50 Starbucks Card if You get Your W-2 Online
If you haven't already signed up to receive your W-2 Wage and Tax Statement online, do it now for a chance to win a $50 Starbucks card!
- 12/12 - Sales and Use Tax Rate Decreases on Jan. 1, 2017
The California Board of Equalization announced a decrease in the state portion of the total sales and use tax rate by 0.25 percent.
- 12/12 - PCDO Auto-Approval Cycle Adjusted for December
Because of the holidays, the auto-approve feature for the Procurement Card e-document (PCDO) has been adjusted...
- 12/7 - New OASDI Taxable Gross Takes Effect in 2017
The Social Security Administration has announced that the maximum amount of income subject to Social Security will increase from $118,500 to $127,200 beginning on Jan. 1, 2017.
- 12/2 - Monthly Travel Workshops Begin on Dec. 13
Our first workshop will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13, in the Accounting Department offices.
- 11/28 - Payroll Office Year-End Schedule and Important Dates in December and January
Please take a moment to review these payroll dates and deadlines.
- 11/23 - Update to Supporting Documents Guide: Agendas
The Supporting Documents Guide on the Accounting website has been updated to clarify the role of agendas in supporting the business purpose of a travel reimbursement.
- 11/17 - Elect Online Delivery of your W-2 for a Chance to Win a $50 Starbucks Card
All employees who are signed up to receive their W-2 Statement online will be entered to win a $50 Starbucks gift card.
- 11/16 - Accounts Payable Deadlines for Payment in 2016
Employees who process accounts payable documents should be mindful of the following deadlines to ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- 10/12 - Travel Policy Workshop Slides and Notes
Accounting and Fiscal Services travel experts hosted a Travel Policy Workshop. The notes and PowerPoint slides can be downloaded here.
- 9/27 - Rush Checks for Payroll Adjustments End October 3
Payroll adjustments should be processed on the next available payroll cycle compute.
- 9/27 - Return Undeliverable Payroll Checks by November 30
Please return any undelivered payroll checks to the payroll office by Wednesday, Nov. 30.
- 9/27 - Submit Payroll Overpayment Forms by November 15
Failure to submit an overpayment request in time will result in the overpayment not being accurately adjusted on the employee’s 2016 Form W-2.
- 9/23 - Register for Next Month’s Travel Policy Workshop
This workshop is highly recommended for those who are new to working with TEM documents.
- 9/20 - New Payroll Certification System Coming in November
The new system will be called KFS-PCS and will replace the current certification process starting in November.
- 9/16 - Register for Upcoming Connexxus Travel Webinars
The University of California’s Office of the President (UCOP) is offering a series of webinars to help UC employees become Connexxus experts.
- 8/25 - Recent KFS Updates: Improvements to Searching for Accounts and Events
KFS was recently updated to fix a number of bugs and improve some features. The most important changes include improvements to how users can search for accounts and events.
- 8/15 - Payroll Certification System (PCS) Moving to KFS
PCS will no longer use a paper-based certification format. The Roll-Out of KFS-PCS will take place in early November 2016.
- 7/29 - Account Edit Closure Requests for Non-C&G Accounts
Account Edit e-documents requesting the closure of non-contracts & grants accounts will not be processed until after Aug. 11.
- 7/27 - July Fiscal Period Data and Beginning Balances
July final transactions should be available for viewing in Decision Support on Thursday, Aug. 11.
- 7/25 - Approval Deadlines for July Fiscal Period
The following documents must have ALL approvals no later than 8 p.m. on Friday, July 29, to be posted to the July 2016 accounting period ...
- 7/21 - Printing of Earnings Statements for Payroll Adjustments Ends Aug. 1
The Payroll Department will stop printing "blue sheet" earnings statements for Payroll Adjustment Rush Checks effective Monday, Aug. 1.
- 7/13 - Period 12 of Fiscal Year 2015-16 Closes on Friday
Period 12 of the 2015-16 fiscal year will close on Friday, July 15. This is the last period in which departments—other than central Accounting—can make adjustments.
- 7/11 - eDocs Processed/Approved This Weekend Have Not Yet Posted to GL
Edocs processed and approved on Saturday and Sunday have not yet posted to the KFS General Ledger due to a system processing error last night.
- 7/8 - Payroll will post to the KFS General Ledger during the afternoon of Friday, July 8
Due to a delay in processing, the KFS General Ledger will post final June transactions from the Payroll/Personnel System (PPS) the afternoon of Friday July 8.
- 7/8 - Account Edit & Copy Disabled Until July 18
The Edit and Copy feature in the Account Lookup in ZotPortal is disabled until 18.
- 7/8 - Submit Department Accruals/Deferrals Starting July 9
The YEDA e-document will be available for use starting this Saturday, July 9.
- 7/8 - Final Deadline for Departments to Record Activity in Period 12 is July 15
Units must submit their accruals and deferrals and final budget alignment and error corrections by July 15.
- 7/1 - Select eDocs will Default to June 2016 Accounting Period During Fiscal Close
Based on user feedback, the KFS team has modified selected financial transaction e-documents so that the Accounting Period dropdown will default to June 2016/Period 12 while departments are engaging in closing activities from July 1- 15.
- 7/1 - New Guide: Learn About Budgeting for Income
Accounting and Fiscal Services has created a new guide to help fiscal officers understand the process of budgeting for income.
- 7/1 - FYE Snapshots: Reports Run and Saved From July 1–15
As announced at this year’s Fiscal Close Workshops, four essential financial reports will be run every morning and saved for later use to keep track of daily changes in Accounts.
- 7/1 - New Functionality: Save Decision Support Queries
A new Saved Queries feature was rolled out to Decision Support recently. Using this new functionality gives financial users the ability to save routinely used queries for a number of reports.
- 6/29 - Important Fiscal Close Payroll Deadline This Friday
All payroll pay transactions intended for the 2015-16 fiscal year should be prepared and scheduled for processing no later than Friday, July 1.
- 6/14 - Deadlines for Requesting June Final Pay
The Payroll Office requests that every department make an effort now to identify employees who have approaching separation dates or appointments that will not be renewed beyond June.
- 6/1 - Central Printing of PPS Reports Ends July 1
Users will continue to have access to the same reports online via the Electronic Document Library (EDL).
- 6/1 - Biweekly Student Employees Separating in June
We are asking each department to determine now which biweekly student employee appointments will be ending on or before June 30.
- 5/20 - 2015-16 Fiscal Year-End Close Information & Dates
The instructions are intended to assist in coordinating the needs of academic and administrative departments with the requirements of the University, the Accounting and Fiscal Services Department, and other service department.
- 5/12 - Reminder: Do Not Use the Back Button in KFS e-Documents
Navigating KFS with the Back button can cause system errors and should be avoided.
- 5/4 - Accounting Department Closed May 13 and 16
Most of UCI's accounting divisions will be closed during the move period, which will begin at 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, and continue through Monday, May 16.
- 4/21 - Retirement of Assistant Vice Chancellor and Controller Bent Nielsen
Marc Guerra, Associate Controller, has agreed to serve as Interim Controller and Assistant Vice Chancellor until a recruitment is completed and a permanent replacement can be appointed.
- 4/20 - At Your Service Online (AYSO) Down for Maintenance Starting Friday Afternoon
The At Your Service Online (AYSO) website will be down for maintenance starting at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, April 22.
- 4/18 - Accounting Reviewer Changes to Speed Up Business
The KFS Team implemented several changes to the Accounting Reviewer role this week.
- 4/18 - New UC Campus Tab Must be Filled Out for ICTs
Initiators of Intercampus Transfers (ICT) must now complete the new "UC Campus" tab before submitting the e-document.
- 4/18 - Image Scanning Tab Added to DV
This tab is very similar to the Image Scanning tab that was added to Travel and Event Management documents last year.
- 4/18 - CSV Files can be Uploaded to Notes & Attachments
Campus users can now upload CSV and PDF files to the Notes and Attachments tab. This applies to all KFS documents that allow attachments.
- 4/12 - Registration Open for Fiscal Year-End Close Workshops
Accounting will offer fiscal year-end close workshops in May. Attendees will learn all phases of accounting necessary for an effective fiscal close.
- 3/31 - DV Payment Code Names and Descriptions Updated
The descriptions for a number of Disbursement Voucher Payment Reason Codes were updated this week.
- 3/29 - New Automated Service for Verification of Employment and Income
UCI will now use a secure automated service called "The Work Number" to provide verifications of employment and income starting on Friday, April 1.
- 3/21 - Save the Date: KFS Open Forum Sessions on April 13
Learn about the latest changes and enhancements to the Kuali Financial System from a panel of accounting department experts, who will discuss everything from paying vendors and travel to the general ledger and Decision Support.
- 3/21 - New Payee Certification Tab for Payment Codes B & Z
The Disbursement Voucher e-document was updated this weekend to include a new Payee Certification tab.
- 3/21 - Disbursement Vouchers Get Return to Initiator
KFS approvers can now return any enroute Disbursement Voucher (DV) to the Initiator. This will eliminate the need to disapprove and copy documents that simply need to be updated.
- 3/8 - Old Data Warehouse Ad-Hoc Report Interface Returns Temporarily for General Ledger
UCI has temporarily brought back the old Data Warehouse interface for generating customizable ad-hoc reports from the general ledger.
- 3/2 - Accounting Launches New Travel Website
The Accounting Department is pleased to announce the launch of a new travel website. The new site covers information essential for getting reimbursed for travel, entertainment, and relocation expenses at UCI.
- 3/2 - New Meal and Incidental Expenses (M&IE) and Entertainment Meal Rates
he University of California posted new Meal and Incidental Expenses (M&IE) and Business and Entertainment Meal Rates for 2016.
- 2/26 - Cybersecurity Alert: Protect Your W-2 Statement
Recently, fraudulent emails purporting to be from President Janet Napolitano were sent to several University of California campuses.
- 2/22 - 2016 Administrative Systems Access Verification Message to DSAs
As a Departmental Security Administrator, we rely on you to complete this verification process for your department(s). This year's review must be completed by April 29.
- 2/17 - Annual Administrative Systems Access Verification
Every year, Accounting conducts an administrative systems access verification for all employees/system users. This verification process is an important internal control for the university.
- 2/8 - Connexxus: Get UC-Negotiated Discounts on Travel
Connexxus is a secure Web portal for booking university business travel. It automatically gives you access to UC-negotiated prices for airfare, hotels, and car rentals.
- 2/8 - TEM Arrangers can Collaborate on Documents in KFS
Two people can work on the same reimbursement document prior to submission as long as they are both set up as travel arrangers for the Traveler/Payee.
- 2/8 - Try out the new TEM Profile Report
The TEM Profile Report was added to Decision Support this week to assist travelers and travel arrangers with TEM Profile processing.
- 2/8 - Scanned Document Image Viewer Updated
The KFS image viewer was updated to HTML5, allowing users to view scanned documents without Java Virtual Machine (JVM) software.
- 1/25 - Electronic 2015 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements are now available
Electronic 2015 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements are now available for download on the AYSO website.
- 1/22 - Kuali Vendor Onboarding (KVO) Website Has Migrated
The Kuali Vendor Onboarding website migrated to a new URL this week. if you saved the old website URL in your web browser, you should update your bookmark now.
- 1/20 - Introducing the Return to Initiator Button for TEM eDocs
Beginning this week, KFS approvers can now return any enroute Travel and Event Management (TEM) e-document to the Initiator.
- 1/20 - Disbursement Vouchers for Foreign Nationals Now Automatically Route to Tax Reviewer
This weekend, the Disbursement Voucher (DV) e-document was updated so that it will always route to the tax reviewer node if the person receiving payment is a foreign national.
- 1/20 - FYI Now Sent to Fiscal Officer When Account Maintenance eDocs are Finalized
The Account and Account Global e-documents will now automatically send an FYI notification to the Action List of the account's Fiscal Officer (or Fiscal Officers Delegates) when these documents are finalized.
- 1/20 - Organization Reviewers Can Now Opt to Receive FYI, Acknowledge, or Approve Notifications
KFS and the Kuali Security Access Maintenance System (KSAMS) were recently updated to give departments the option to send FYI or Acknowledge notifications to an Organization Reviewer for many types of maintenance e-documents.
- 1/20 - Employees who claimed exempt in 2015: Resubmit Your Tax Exemption Before Feb. 8
Federal and state regulations require any requests for exemptions from Federal and California State withholding be submitted each calendar year.
- 1/15 - Payroll Office Personnel Change
It is with regret that Accounting and Fiscal Services announces the departure of Roberta Nardico, UCI's payroll manager.
- 12/14 - New Decision Support Report: Chart of Accounts Inquiry
Using this report, you can look up all of an organization’s accounts and fiscal officers, search for object codes, and more.
- 12/14 - New Decision Support Report: Ledger Reconciliation
The Ledger Reconciliation Report is designed to help campus fiscal officers review and reconcile their accounts each month.
- 12/14 - Document Scanning Issues Resolved
A small number of KFS users experienced problems with documents that were sent to scanning. This issue—which was caused by an update to UCI's scanning system—is now fixed.
- 12/03 - Deadline for 2015 TEM and DV Payments is Dec. 17
The deadline to finalize your Travel and Event Management (TEM) and Disbursement Voucher (DV) e-documents for payment in 2015 is Thursday, Dec. 17.
- 12/02 - Sign Up By Dec. 31 to Receive Your W-2 Online
If you haven't already signed up to receive your W-2 Wage and Tax Statements electronically, now is the time.
- 11/19 - Important Year-End Payroll Dates and Deadlines
Important dates and deadlines regarding upcoming pay dates, requesting final paychecks for employees leaving the university, W-2 statements, updating your personal information for tax purposes, and the Payroll Office schedule.
- 11/18 - KFS Decision Support will be down from 3 to 5 p.m. this Friday
The Office of Information Technology is upgrading Cognos—the reporting tool used for KFS Decision Support—to the latest version from IBM.
- 10/28 - Don't Miss Next Week's KFS Open Forum
Get updates on Accounts Payable & Travel, Financial Transactions, Decision Support, and learn about TouchNet Marketplace on Thursday, Nov. 5.
- 10/21 - ENTs for the Same Event can have the Same TEM Doc #
Multiple Entertainment Reimbursements (ENT) for the same event can now have the same TEM Document Number.
- 10/21 - Using Account Delegate Models to Set Up Accounts
A new feature was activated this weekend that can save time for users who find themselves repeatedly creating accounts with the same Fiscal Officer delegation structure.
- 10/21 - Travel Policy Workshop Slides and Notes
Last week, Accounting and Fiscal Services travel experts hosted a Travel Policy Workshop, covering best practices, policies, and recent changes to the KFS Travel and Event Management (TEM) module. The notes and PowerPoint slides can be downloaded here.
- 10/12 - New Guide: What Can You Buy with a UCI Corporate Travel Card?
A full listing of all the acceptable uses for UCI's Corporate Travel Card.
- 9/30 - Save the Date: KFS Open Forum Sessions on Nov. 5
Learn about the latest changes and enhancements to the Kuali Financial System from a panel of accounting department experts, who will discuss everything from paying vendors and travel to the general ledger and Decision Support.
- 9/24 - KFS Update 2.1 - Bug Fixes and Enhancements
Includes information about: "Read Notes" notifications in action lists, a fix for GEC copy buttons regarding project codes, new restrictions on DI e-documents, and PPS transactions no longer posting to continuation accounts
- 9/23 - Register Now for Next Month's Travel Policy Workshop
Hosted by UCI travel experts, the workshop will cover best practices, policies, and recent changes to the KFS Travel and Event Management (TEM) module.
- 9/23 - Register Now for KFS Training Classes
Users new and old alike are invited to enroll in our array of KFS classes either online or in a traditional classroom setting.
- 8/25 - The Improved Travel Expense Report: An easy-to-review summary of trip/event information and expenses
KFS users can now access an improved version of the Travel Expense Report for all Travel and Event Management (TEM) reimbursement e-documents.
- 8/25 - Automatic Notification of ACH/Wire Deposits: Advanced Deposit (AD) eDocs now ‘FYI” route to Fiscal Officers
A new feature added to KFS this weekend will notify fiscal officers whenever a direct bank deposit or incoming wire transfer has been distributed to their department account.
- 8/25 - Register Now for September 2015 KFS Training Classes
Users new and old alike are invited to enroll in our array of KFS classes either online or in a traditional classroom setting.
- 8/21 - Thank you for making possible a successful fiscal year-end close
Thank you to everyone who helped close the 2014-15 fiscal year. Your hard work and diligence managing and protecting UCI's financial resources -- even when challenged to adapt to a new financial system -- is of immeasurable value.
- 7/30 - July Fiscal Period Data and Beginning Balances
July final transactions should be available for viewing in Decision Support on Aug. 10. If you processed YEDA, AV, or YEAV e-documents, you will see the reversals in your July ledger. Plus, information about carryforward and base-budget balances.
- 7/30 - Approval Deadlines for July Fiscal Period
The following documents must have ALL approvals no later than 7 p.m. on Friday, July 31, to be posted to the July 2015 accounting period...
- 7/10 - Units with Recharge Income Accounts Must Align Recharge Income Budgets by July 17
All campus recharge units with recharge income accounts should follow the procedures below to bring their recharge income budgets into alignment with income received. All recharge income budgets must be aligned no later than Friday, July 17.
- 7/08 - Use the YEDA E-Document to Submit Your Department’s Accruals and Deferrals July 11-17
The KFS team is happy to announce that the Year-End Department Accrual (YEDA) e-document will be available for use starting this Saturday, July 11.
- 7/02 - Tips for Working on FY 2014-15 Transactions in the New Fiscal Year
Fiscal Year 2015-16 began on July 1, 2015. Many users performing KFS General Ledger lookups or initiating certain transaction documents may have noticed that the Accounting Period in KFS defaults to July 2015 (Period 1 of Fiscal Year 2015-16).
- 6/23 - TEM and DV Fiscal Close Deadline is Tomorrow, June 24
All Travel and Event Management (TEM) documents and Disbursement Vouchers must be submitted, scanned, and approved by Accounting by 4 p.m. on June 24 to be recorded as 2014-15 expenses.
- 6/18 - KFS Hours Extended, Weekly Action List Emails, Scanning Reminder
KFS has extended hours for fiscal close and a new weekly action list email reminder is being sent out to all users. Plus, a warning to send your supporting documentation to scanning as soon as possible with the June 24 deadline coming soon. Keep reading for more.
- 6/09 - New this Week: Search for Object Codes by Consolidation, Accounting Period Name Changes, and Fiscal Close Workshop Slides Now Online
KFS was updated over the weekend, including a new feature that gives users the ability to search for Object Codes by Consolidation. Also below is important information about changes made to the names of accounting periods in KFS, and a link to download the slide deck from the recent fiscal closing workshops.
- 6/03 - Avoid Delays with TEM E-Documents/KVO Email Notifications
Make sure you are using the Image Scanning tab when your supporting documents were scanned into a disapproved TEM eDoc. Plus: Improved Kuali Vendor Onboarding (KVO) Email Notifications.
- 5/26 - Additional Fiscal Year-End Close Workshop Session scheduled for June 1
Due to overwhelming demand, Accounting and Fiscal Services has added a third date for the Fiscal Year-End Close Workshop.
- 5/26 - Approval Deadlines for May Accounting Period
The following documents must have ALL approvals no later than 7 p.m. on Friday, May 29, to be posted to the May 2015 accounting period...
- 5/22 - 2014-2015 Fiscal Year Close Information and Dates
Please read the attached message from Assistant Vice Chancellor & Controller Bent Nielsen. The memo includes important information and deadlines regarding UCI's upcoming Fiscal Closing for the Year Ending June 30, 2015.
- 5/21 - Register for the Fiscal Year-End Close Workshop on UCLC
As in previous years, Accounting and Fiscal Services is offering a fiscal year-end close workshop. Attendees will learn all phases of accounting necessary for an effective fiscal close. Instructions reviewed will directly relate to fiscal close – financial and budget documents, key dates, overdrafts, encumbrances, and accruals and deferrals.
- 5/19 - Fiscal Officers can now Edit the Document Overview Tab
Continue reading to learn how Fiscal Officers can edit the Document Overview Tab and a new +/- display option for the General Ledger (GL) Entry Lookup. Also new this week is an automatic process built into KFS that will clean up left-over encumbrances on closed, cancelled, and voiced purchase orders (PO) every night.
- 4/30 - KFS Open Forum Sessions on May 14
Two Kuali Financial System Open Forum Sessions have been scheduled for Thursday, May 14. The first session will be from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the second session will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- 4/24 - New Organization Account Status Report; Search by Award Criteria in the Account GL Detail Adhoc Report
A new report, which provides users with a quick-glance overview of account status by organization, was recently added to KFS Decision Support.
- 4/20 - Preparing for Fiscal Year-End Close
This summer—for the first time in decades—UCI will be closing the fiscal year with a new enterprise financial system. In any year, fiscal year-end close is a complex process.
- 4/16 - New Guide to Setting up Enclosures and Special Handling for Checks
The KFS team has created a new instructional guide to help users set up special check-handling options in KFS.
- 3/23 - Link to View Scanned Images Moved, New Scanning Hold, and Easier Traveler Certification
The "View Required Scanned Documents" link was moved to the new Image Scanning tab, and an automatic "scanning hold" was added to most Travel and Event Management (TEM) e-documents.
- 3/18 - Development of Ledger Reconciliation Tools and More
The Kuali Financial System team recently implemented some improvements to Decision Support's Account Transaction – Income and Expense Report and modified the BA/BAT e-document.
- 3/03 - How to Fix Employee Practice Liability Budget and Expense Misalignment
Recent changes to the Kuali Financial System’s object consolidations and budget object codes will require you to rebudget funds related to the Employee Practice Liability (EPL) assessment.
- 2/23 - Improvements to the Action List, Internal Billing Account Validation, and More
Among the most significant updates to KFS are a modification to the Action List and a new income account validation that has been built into the Internal Billing (IB) eDoc.
- 2/03 - New Object Consolidations for Enhanced KFS Reporting
The KFS team is implementing several new object consolidations to make KFS reporting more versatile, particularly when creating Principal Investigator (PI) reports.
- 2/02 - See All Of Your Unit's TEM eDocs And DVs With The New Organization Reconciler Role
This special role gives a user permission to view all of the TEM and/or DV e-documents in their department/organization.
- 1/21 - Annual Administrative Systems Access Verification
Every year, Accounting and Fiscal Services conducts the Administrative Systems Access Verification for all employees/system users. This verification process is an important internal control for the university.
- 1/20 - Change to ad-hoc routing in internal billing (IB) e-documents
Last week, the KFS team implemented several changes to the internal billing (IB) e-document to help streamline the process of approving recharges.
- 1/16 - Always have the right receipts, invoices, and proofs of payment with this useful supporting documents reference guide
This reference guide will help you determine what receipts, invoices, or proofs of payment you need to submit to be reimbursed in a timely manner.
- 12/15 - New OASDI Taxable Gross Takes Effect in 2015
The Social Security Administration has announced that the maximum amount of income subject to OASDI -- commonly known as Social Security -- will increase from $117,000 to $118,500 beginning on January 1, 2015.
- 12/11 - New Lodging Name Requirement / See Scanned Status in the Action List
The KFS team implemented a helpful addition to the action list and a new requirement for reporting the names of hotels and other lodgings.
- 12/10 - Sign Up Before December 31 to Receive Your W-2 Online
If you haven’t already signed up to receive your 2014 W-2 Wage and Tax Statement electronically, now is the time. Employees who receive their W-2s electronically enjoy these useful benefits.
- 11/24 - Kuali Financial System has New Features to Help You Search Smarter
The KFS team implemented several new updates recently that make searching for documents easier than ever.