Sent to the KFS-Update mailing list on April 3, 2017
KFS users can now upload receipts and other supporting documents directly to FileNet for several types of KFS e-documents. This new feature replaces the need to send documents to Central Scanning and is available for Disbursement Vouchers (DV) and Travel and Event Management (TEM) e-documents. The Image Scanning tab in these e-documents now includes three options for handling supporting documents. You can pick any option or use them in combination:
- Option 1: Send supporting documents to Central Scanning with a cover letter
- Option 2: Link supporting documents from a different KFS e-document
- Option 3: NEW! Upload images of supporting documents directly to FileNet.
Help Guide: The Supporting Documents Guide has been updated with instructions for all three options.
Tips for Uploading Images to FileNet
- Documents must be scanned or photographed using one of the following formats: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, .tiff, or .tif.
- Before uploading images, ensure sensitive and personal information is redacted. Files cannot be deleted after they are uploaded.
- Images are accessible as soon as they are uploaded and can be viewed in the same location and in the same manner as when you send your documents to Central Scanning.
- Documents that are in the Awaiting Scanning route log node and have images uploaded advance in workflow only at preset batch-processing times (afternoon and overnight).
If you have difficulty scanning or photographing documents, contact the OIT Help Desk or seek technical help from your unit. If you encounter an error while uploading the file, contact the KFS Help Desk and include a screenshot of the error message.