Sent to the PPS-Update mailing list on Nov. 28, 2016
Everyone in the Payroll Office and Accounting and Fiscal Services hopes your holidays are full of cheer and that 2017 will bring you joy and happiness! Please take a moment to review the payroll dates and deadlines below.
Request December Final Paychecks No Later Than Dec. 12
Departments with employees separating from employment from Dec. 12 - 31, 2016, must request a final check through the Rush Check Request Application by Dec. 12, 2016, to ensure that the final payment will be made on the employee's separation day. Note that the labor code provides that if the separation date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or weekday holiday, payment may be made on the next business day.
Delivery of Payroll Bags for Dec. 28 and Jan. 3 Pay Dates
Campus offices will be closed for UCI's Winter Administrative Recess during the holidays. Delivery of payroll bags following this period will proceed as follows:
- Biweekly Payroll: The last biweekly pay date is Dec. 28, 2016. Payroll bags will be delivered during the regularly scheduled mail runs to departments on Jan. 3, 2017.
- Monthly Payroll: Bags containing payroll checks and SurePay statements dated Jan. 3, 2017, will be delivered to departments on Jan. 3, 2017, during regularly scheduled mail runs.
Payroll Office Schedule During Winter Administrative Recess
The Payroll Office will be closed during UCI's Winter Administrative Recess according to the schedule below. Regular office hours will resume on Monday, Jan. 3, 2017.
- Dec. 23 and 26: Payroll Office closed
- Dec. 27, 28, and 29: Emergency staffing only
- Dec. 30 and Jan. 2: Payroll Office closed
The Payroll Office will have several staff on leave during this time, so make arrangements in advance for check needs and/or assistance required in order to avoid last-minute timing issues.
For questions, contact Ashley Penny in the Payroll Office at 949-824-2870.