Sent to the KFS-Update mailing list on March 31, 2016
The descriptions for a number of Disbursement Voucher Payment Reason Codes were updated this week. The changes were made to help users select the correct payment reason codes and reduce the number of DVs using Code Z: Other Reimbursement. Check out the Payment Reason Codes page to see the full descriptions and changes.
Below is a summary of the most significant edits. See the Payment Reason Codes page for full descriptions.
Code B: Emergency Purchases
- May be used for reimbursing out-of-pocket purchases of urgently needed supplies and materials. In non-emergency circumstances, employees should use the appropriate purchasing method.
- Code B can also be used for safety shoe and uniform reimbursements.
Code G: Utilities, Freight, Postage, Storage Rental
- Formerly called “Utilities, Freight or Postage”
- May be used for telephone service and data plans, utilities, freight, postage, etc.
- Storage rental is for temporary storage fees, must be cleared with Real Estate Services first.
Code I : Memberships, Subscriptions, Dues
- Formerly called “Memberships and Subscriptions”
- May be used for any payment covering a renewal or subscription to a newspaper, book, or magazine.
- This category also covers membership fees to a professional association, such as Staff Medical Dues.
Code O: Agency Agreements and Contracts
- Formerly called “On-Campus Agency Agreements and Contracts”
- Can be used for all payees that do not use Internal or Service Billing and have a negotiated service contract and/or agreement, including Miss Kelly’s, the UCI Foundation, and Sodexo.
Code P: Fees, Licenses, Employee Tuition
- Formerly called “Government Filing Fees”
- Can be used for abstract fees, fingerprinting fees, course fees, submission fees, processing (article) fees, business license, as well as for employee tuition reimbursement.
- This code may also be used to pay filing fees for visa applications, work permits, and other U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services forms.