Sent to the KFS-Update Mailing List on Dec. 14, 2015
In the past few weeks, a small number of KFS users experienced problems with documents that were sent to scanning not being uploaded to the Kuali Financial System. This issue—which was caused by an update to UCI’s scanning system—is now fixed. Additionally, all documents affected by this software error should now be properly scanned and associated with their related KFS e-documents. No action from users is required.
If you are still having an issue with supporting documents sent to scanning, you should contact Steve White in the Records Management Department.
Follow these guidelines to ensure your documents are scanned as quickly as possible. For more information about what documents need to be sent to scanning, see the Supporting Documents Guide.
- Coversheets: Always remember to include a coversheet with your documents. It’s always required even when you’re just sending a host or payee certification.
- Small Items (such as receipts, envelopes, post-it notes, etc.) must be taped on all 4 sides to a blank piece of 8 1\2" x 11" white paper.
- Additional Bar Codes: If you are including other cover sheets behind the main cover sheet for documentation, please white-out or cover the additional cover sheets' bar codes.
- Orientation: The documents will be scanned in the same sequence and orientation that you place them in the bag. Do not place things in the bag upside down or backwards.
- Check Both Sides: Images will be scanned dual sided. Redact sensitive information on both sides of the documents.
- No Staples: Do not staple your documents! Rubber bands, clamps or clips are suggested to attach documents.
- Only Paper and lightweight card stock can be scanned. Do not send plastic cards or name tags, make a photocopy.
- Post-Its: Remember to take off all post-its or tape them down and do not put them over pertinent information.
- Tape: Use only regular invisible tape (no masking tape, duct tape, or glue).
- Continuous Documents must be separated. Brochures, booklets, newspapers, etc., must be disassembled to create single page documents no larger than 11 x 17.
- Carbon Paper and duplicate copies must be removed and discarded.
- Auto-Feed Rule: If your supporting documentation could go through an auto-feed copy machine, then it will go through scanning.