Sent to KFS-Update mailing list on March 18, 2015
The Kuali Financial System team recently implemented some improvements to Decision Support's Account Transaction – Income and Expense Report and modified the BA/BAT e-document to allow multiple control accounts. Continue reading for more.
Update on Ledger Reconciliation Tool Development
With the end of the fiscal year on the horizon, the KFS team is actively developing several new ledger reconciliation tools and enhancements that will make it easier to access UCI’s financial data in an effective, efficient, and meaningful way. As they become available, these new features will be demonstrated at future KFS open forums and discussed in these emails. The first such enhancement—debuted during a recent KFS open forum—affects one of the most commonly used Decision Support reports, Account Transaction – Income and Expense.
Account Transaction – Income and Expense Report enhancements
In response to user feedback, we’ve increased the font size for this report. We’ve also made it easier to open relevant eDocs directly from the report. In the Document Number column, any number that appears in blue can be clicked. You’ll then be taken to the associated Travel and Event Management (TEM), Disbursement Voucher (DV), General Error Correction (GEC), or Internal Billing (IB) eDoc. The ability to link to non-KFS documents is still in development.
Similarly, links that provide object code type and object level inquiry information have been added to the report. Found in the Object Type and Object Level columns, this information should be helpful for determining appropriate object code use.
Multiple Control Accounts Allowed in BA/BATs
It is now OK to use multiple control accounts on a single Budget Adjustment or Budget Appropriation Transaction (BA/BAT) e-document, as long as the From/To (Debit/Credit) entries associated with each control account net to zero. If the totals do not net to zero for each control account/fund you will receive an error message.
Payment Requests (PREQ) Now Include a Source Indicator
You can now more easily see how a Payment Request (PREQ) e-document was generated by checking the new PREQ Source Code field. The field will contain one of the following three code letters:
- E = Successfully created from an E-invoice (no scanned image will be available)
- R = Successfully created from an E-invoice that originally had errors (no scanned image will be available)
- M = Manually entered by Accounts Payable staff (scanned invoice is available)
These codes will only appear in PREQ eDocs that have been generated since this change took effect.
Newly Required Checkbox for Mileage Expenses and Other Changes to KFS
Below are a few other notable changes to KFS.
- Insurance Checkbox: Travelers can no longer be reimbursed for mileage expenses in a Travel Reimbursement (TR) if they have not checked the box indicating that they have liability insurance. If the box is unchecked, the eDoc will not process.
- Better Messages: Error messages from KFS have been changed to make them more noticeable.
- New GEC Email: General Error Correction Action List reminder emails have been rewritten for clarity.
If you have questions or need help, please contact the KFS Help Desk at email@example.com or 949-824-7001.